J.D., Washington College of Law, Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, (2009)
B.A., with honors, Political Science, Minor in Creative Writing, University of California Berkeley (2004)
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Leaf Williams is an associate with Reichman Jorgensen. She specializes in complex commercial litigation and has represented individual and corporate clients in disputes involving breach of contract, commercial fraud, business torts, misappropriation, trade secrets, copyrights, and trademarks.
During law school, Leaf was an Articles Editor for the American University Law Review and a member of the legal honor society Phi Delta Phi. Her moot court team placed in the top five two years in a row at the Niagara International Law Moot Court Competition and she received Highest Grade Designations in Legal Writing and Rhetoric, First Amendment and Civil Trial Advocacy.
Leaf speaks intermediate level Spanish.
· Represented major utility in multi-million dollar contract dispute against a wind energy company regarding compliance with federal laws related to wildlife preservation.
· Represented a large real estate company in a suit against a consulting company alleging breach of contract.
· Member of a defense team that represented several investment companies suing the sellers of a home health aide agency for fraud, misrepresentation, and breach of a covenant not to compete.
· Represented major law firm and drafted successful attorney fees motion related to an anti-SLAPP action.
· Member of a defense team that represented an international consumer electronics company in series of proposed nationwide class actions alleging breaches of express and implied warranties, the Magnuson Moss Act, and state consumer protection statutes in connection with the sale of high definition televisions.
· Represented plaintiffs in class actions against Hyundai involving spontaneously shattering sunroofs.
· Represented plaintiffs in fraud class action against major diesel engine manufacturer.
· Represented and obtained dismissal of copyright and trademark infringement claims against a playwright in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
· Represented client and secured arbitration award in favor of a production company before the Independent Film & Television Alliance.
· Represented Minnesota-based airline in copyright and DMCA suit regarding a photograph.
· Represented prominent American clothing company in trademark dispute regarding reverse confusion.
· Represented major aircraft manufacturer in trademark infringement action against a Nevada airline.
· Represented startup t-shirt company in copyright and infringement action filed by The Pokémon Company International.
Presentations and Publications
· Public Counsel Entrepreneurial Training Program: Intellectual Property and Your Business, August 2011 and February 2012
· “You Can’t Fake Confusion: A Lanham Act Lesson In Consumer Survey Design,” Dorsey & Whitney Trademark blog The TMCA.Com, May 9, 2017·
Honors and Awards
· Programming Chair of the International IG for the IP section of the California Lawyer´s Association